"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mercy

What a very long day it's been! Just a quick update to let everyone know that Meghan is doing well. She is in a decent amount of pain, but they are giving her morphine and it seems to make her a lot more comfortable. They don't want us to hold her, so we have been doing our best not to climb in the crib with her:) Both surgeries went very well, her new hardware is settling in, and we should be able to use the tube tomorrow.
Our neurosurgeon said that because of Meghan's specific abnormalities, she was able to gain access to her spinal cord without cutting any bone, which is the usual method. Some may call it luck, but we call it mercy, and are so thankful for a talented surgeon who is able to think outside the box.
We are so grateful to everyone for keeping Meghan, and us, in your prayers. We'll keep you posted!

The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
Psalms 145:9










No comments:

Post a Comment