"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Friday, March 29, 2013

It's a Good Friday.

Writing this post with joy, since we are HOME! Meghan did well last night with her continuous feeding, so they let her have an actual bottle this morning. She chugged the entire thing, and looked at me like, that's all you've got?? I guess she was hungry after not eating anything but pedialyte via g tube for 60 hours! She had only needed oral pain medication, and since we were not new to the feeding pump and already had it at home, they decided we were able to handle the first formula feeding run at home.

We were happy to be on our way, since Meghan had clearly begun to associate every person she encountered in the hospital as someone that might try and hurt her. She would cry as soon as any medical staff entered the room (except for our awesome PT who timed her visit just right enough the second day to get a smile:), and even small things like removing monitoring patches provoked her to cry. Once I picked her up, she didn't want to be put down, and it is safe to say that I think she was scared, and in pain on top of that. She was restless and irritable and it was heartbreaking to watch. But, when we put her in the stroller, she instantly lifted up her arms and smiled! She KNEW we were getting out of there. It was awesome. Once we arrived at home, it was like someone had flipped the Meghan switch and she was herself again. She still whimpers with position changes, and is completely not a fan of hooking up the feeding tube since it is still sore, BUT she was relaxed, playful, and we got some serious smiles.

It is amazing to me that her little body can go through so much, and she can still smile, and trust us despite the painful things that we have to help her go through. It goes against the very nature of a parent to ask their child to endure pain, even if it is necessary to live. Today being Good Friday, it reminds me of what Christ endured on the cross, at the direction of his Heavenly Father, that was infinitely more painful than we could ever imagine, yet he was willing to walk there because he trusted it was his Fathers will, and he knew he wouldn't be alone. How much love does it take to walk your child through physical pain? Infinite amounts. More than I can ever comprehend. But the end result, is LIFE, and renewed understanding of His faithfulness, and depth of His love, and a humbling understanding of the kind of trust my daughter has in her parents.

IV tubing is no match for a hungry Meghan....

Holding my sleepy lady.

Seriously happy to be home!!


"looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God".
Hebrews 12:2

HAPPY EASTER!



1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!
    macys black friday deals

    ReplyDelete