"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Carry On

Tomorrow is a big day for Meghan! We're headed in early to Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital for Meghan's 2 surgeries- the tethered cord release, and g tube placement. She will be getting a mini-ONE g-tube, which we hear is the bees knees in the g-tube department. If you are really interested in what that is,  you can click here.

We are told that total time should be about 5 hours for both surgeries to be completed, and she will be in the Pediatric ICU (PICU) for about 3 days after. It is no less than terrifying to hand over your sweet baby to a surgical team, but we are confident that her doctors have made decisions that will give her the best chance at continuing to progress- and she IS progressing, and showing us every day how hard she is working to accomplish things. She started rolling completely over a couple weeks ago, and I now have to watch where I put her down because it is likely she will not stay there! She is also starting to mimic behavior, and even some different sounds. She knows the sign for more, and "all done", and in the last few days, we even got to hear her little voice...

Talk about amazing! We are cherishing every little thing she does. And she has, hands down, the most awesome hairdo's ever.

This week we had some Easter pictures taken. We had a lot of fun, and our amazing photographer even photo-shopped Meg's NG tube out of the picture! We love you Sarah-Marie! Check out her website...she really has a gift....Sarah-Marie-Photography.





It takes strength I don't have to walk through the harder days, but we continue to walk, carrying this sweet girl, knowing that her story is being written and this is only one chapter. A chapter that will hopefully lay the foundation for her to write a happier one....one that includes her running perhaps? We're asking God for big things. 

"being confident of this, that he who began 
a good work in you will
 carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." 

Philippians 1:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment