"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Thursday, March 28, 2013

Recovering

It's post op day 1, and we are definitely recovering:) Overnight Meg was pretty restless and uncomfortable, but the pain medicine allowed her to sleep enough that by this morning, I managed to get a smile out of her. That was by far the longest I have seen that sweet girl without a smile. Today she had a semi busy day- she was seen by neurosurgery, pediatric general surgery, and the pediatric hospitalist team for rounds this morning, and besides having pain was doing well, so she got to have her arterial line and catheter removed which made life a little easier. They started using her g tube for feeding and she has been doing well with that so far. We were moved out of the ICU, (yahoo! No more monitors!), and into a private room (DOUBLE yahoo!!). I got to hold her for the first time today and once I had her in my arms she made it quite clear that I wouldn't be setting her down anytime soon. So we snuggled all afternoon, and that's exactly how it should be. Tomorrow she should get to have her IV's out (she has one in each hand- to a one year old that's no fair!), and we are going to start her back on formula feeding instead of pedialyte.

We are very hopeful that if all goes as planned overnight they may release her tomorrow. She will be much more comfortable at home, and I think we all miss her big sister:)

I'm off to try and nap! Here's a few pictures from today. ..thank you all for your continued support. It means so much!!





No comments:

Post a Comment