"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ringing the BELL!!!!

For everyone who was with me in spirit, here is a short clip of the bell ringing at the end of my last chemo! It may seem like a trivial thing, but believe me, it is symbolic of making it to the end of a part of this journey that I am very glad to have behind me! I would not have been standing there without all the love, support and prayers we have had from everyone. And Jess, sorry, but I have to call you out on this one. You have been there from the beginning, and have never left my side. You were my "person" through ALL of this, and are a beautiful example of true friendship. Thank you for being so present, and walking right beside me....

And to my husband, who never complained about taking care of the kids, the house, and everything else so that I could rest, and who still makes me feel beautiful in spite of how different I look, you are a testimony to commitment and love, and the meaning of "in sickness and in health". You are my earthly rock, and I love you.

And to my kiddos, who bring me so much joy in the middle of all of this. Addie said yesterday "whoa mom! You shaved your eyebrows!" Well, not really kid. She also told me later that if you fart in someone's face their eyes will turn pink. Good thing this is my last treatment.



The sweetest sound! Onward!


Hallelujah!
Praise God in his holy house of worship,
    praise him under the open skies;
Praise him for his acts of power,
    praise him for his magnificent greatness;
Praise with a blast on the trumpet,
    praise by strumming soft strings;
Praise him with castanets and dance,
    praise him with banjo and flute;
Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum,
    praise him with fiddles and mandolin.
Let every living, breathing creature praise God!
    Hallelujah!
Psalm 150

No comments:

Post a Comment