"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Flying on Faith

I am writing to you from somewhere above the Midwest! We didn't expect to be traveling so soon, but after our neurosurgeon here discussed Meghan's case with the surgeon in Salt Lake City, it was decided that the best thing for us to do would be to bring Meghan out to the hospital in Utah for further imaging and to see the neurosurgeon there in person. We are also going to see an orthotist who will make Meghan a custom cervical collar which she will wear for protection until her surgery. Part of this visit will also be to determine if her bones are ready to accept the hardware, and to determine how soon she will need the surgery. Although the timing is a little crazy, we are grateful to have found a skilled surgeon who is knowledgeable about Meghan's specific deformity and has been faithfully reviewing her imaging for 2 years without ever having seen her in person. 

I almost have to laugh at the timing of everything. I have my last chemo, and have a small window of time that I was able to travel before I start radiation. The deeper my faith becomes, the more I no longer believe in coincidence. I am so thankful for a God who loves us so much that He perfectly orchestrates the events of our lives. I could certainly be temped to complain- cancer treatment, a child with needs so complicated that we have to travel across the United States to find a surgeon who will take her on....but I am called to give thanks to God in every circumstance, and my thankfulness to still be able to care for Meghan, to be healthy enough to travel with her, for doctors who are dedicated to the smallest of miracles, and for His financial provision over this trip continually brings my perspective back to a place of peace. We are flying on faith, and there's no better way to travel:)


If you are praying for Meghan, please pray for continued provision over our trip, a successful and safe MRI, and wisdom for her surgeon!

16  I will lead blind Israel down a new path,
    guiding them along an unfamiliar way.
I will brighten the darkness before them
    and smooth out the road ahead of them.
Yes, I will indeed do these things;
    I will not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16

No comments:

Post a Comment