"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Monday, June 10, 2013

Waiting Expectantly

Today was another long and uncomfortable day for Meghan. She continued to spike high fevers throughout the day, and her white blood cell count remained very high. She had a few other tests, including more blood work and the echocardiogram of her heart, which we were told looks "preliminarily good"- medical speak for not the source of her fever. We are still waiting on the results of the blood work and cultures.

The plan right now is to see what we learn from the additional information, and see how she does. If she continues to have fevers tomorrow then they are considering other tests. On the bright side, tonight she started to perk up a little, giving us some smiles, and even taking a bottle despite some episodes of what seems to be pain.

We are so grateful to all who have offered support, and prayer on Meghan's behalf! We are stronger knowing everyone is behind Meghan, and our entire family. Today she was covered in prayer by our Pastor and members of our church. Tonight, I am lying down to sleep, praying for answers, and waiting expectantly to see what the Lord will do.



I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning. Psalm 130: 5-6



Meghan was feeling the love from some of her hydro buddies today!

No comments:

Post a Comment