"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Grateful.

This will be a quick update as today left me really wiped out! Meghan endured multiple lab draws and a second IV start today, not to mention a LOT of visits from the physicians- who I am really thankful for by the way- we have some really compassionate, excellent people caring for Meghan. Some even came by just to say hi, even though they weren't on service! She also had a CT scan of her abdomen. She continues to have fevers, although today they haven't spiked quite as high. She started eating again, and they felt she improved enough to move us out of ICU! We saw a lot more of "Meghan" today than we have the last couple days, with some really good smiles! This is the best indicator that she is starting to heal, from whatever this may be. So far, still no answers.

We also saw a lot of God today. Bright moments in the midst of a difficult walk. Addie got to visit, giving Meghan some sister snuggles and some pretty amazing songs, artfully crafted on the spot just for her. We had a music therapist come in who made her laugh. A child life worker who helped make a double poke lab draw more bearable. A CT tech who just happens to be the priest at my parents church. A visit from a dear friend. So many things to be grateful for in all of this.

Thank you all for continuing to lift Meghan up in prayer. It's working!!

Isaiah 58:11

And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.







No comments:

Post a Comment