"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Spring!

Happy Spring! Isn't the weather amazing? It has been so awesome to be able to have the windows open, enjoy the fresh air, and get outside a little bit. Mostly we don't venture farther than the driveway, or the lake to feed the fish with Addie, but today we made the trek to Main Campus again to see Meghan's neurosurgeon. Her fontanelles have become sunken- a good thing in Meghan's case- but the sutures in her skull have started to override, which is not so good. Since babies are born with bones in the skull that aren't fused yet, if they override they are at risk for fusing too early. So, we made an adjustment on her shunt setting again (slowing down the drainage) and we return in 2 weeks to see how things are progressing. In the meantime we watch her fontanelles, her head circumference, and how she's acting to make sure things are going well. Dr. R. says her case is a little tricky since she has hydrocephalus, but she also has colpocephaly (an abnormal formation of the brain tissue) which she thinks may have helped the pressure in her head reach an "equilibrium" of sorts at some point before she was born. It's all a "best guess" hypothesis, but it makes sense to us. She said it's one reason why her head might not have gotten as large as some other babies with hydro. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter! We are just so glad she's doing so well.

While we were there, we stopped back up in the NICU to visit another couple who's son was born the same day as Meghan. He was in the isolette across from us and we got to know them a bit over the days that we were there. We were really happy to hear he is making great progress! Please add this sweet little guy and his mom and dad to your prayers...

Lastly, I have to say thank you to all our great friends and church family that have brought us meals over the last 2 weeks! It is a huge help and a blessing to us while we adjust to life with a newborn again. Also, I'm fairly certain that in my sleep deprived state I would most certainly burn or ruin everything I would attempt to cook:)
So, THANK YOU!!

I'll leave you with a pictures of Addie giving Meghan "knuckles" yesterday, and Meghan today relaxing after her appointment. I think she was glad to be home;)

No comments:

Post a Comment