"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Due Date!

Officially, today was Meghan's due date. I am really happy to share that she is continuing to do well, even earning herself a "regular bassinet" overnight. The IV came out this morning, and her shunt seems to be doing its job. She had an echocardiogram this morning (which she was not a fan of), and we should have the results later today. The nephrologist was also in, and basically although the kidney is not in the right spot everything seems to be functioning normally, so we'll just follow up in 6 months.

On rounds this morning we discussed her discharge (YAY!) for tomorrow. She will have a car seat test later today to make sure she is able to maintain her oxygen levels while she's in the seat. Her head is only slightly bigger than a normal newborn so we are praying that she passes and we won't have to worry about a car-bed (something I didn't even know existed until all this..)
The attending ordered Joe and I to enjoy tonight with a nice dinner and some good rest, as it will likely be the last night for anything resembling restful sleep for a while- I've never been so happy about the prospect of not sleeping before:) I am so happy that we are so close to bringing her home.

Today we plan to hold her as much as possible, and "enjoy" what we hope is our last day in the NICU!

No comments:

Post a Comment