"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Friday, July 20, 2012

Surgery Plan

Forgive me if this is brief, and makes little sense, but Meghan did not quite understand the "NPO after midnight" deal.

Yesterday was a very, very hard day on both of us. She had to endure at least 9 needlesticks, 2 IV's, not being fed before her MRI, and general anesthesia. She did well, and came out of it without any problems. We found out just some preliminary information from the MRI- she has something called a Chiari Malformation, and a fatty filum that looks like a tethered cord. Both may require further surgery. She also said that her brain doesn't look like purely hydrocephalic either. There may be an underlying issue in how it is forming. We don't have any more information yet as she was still waiting for the official reading.

We were supposed to be first in the OR today, but there was an emergency so we are waiting for her new 12:00 OR time. I will try and update as soon as she is done and we know she is well.

Thank you everyone for praying for us. This means more to us than words can express.

3 comments:

  1. prayers!! such a sweetheart .. she's still smiling :) I've heard about Chiari -- one of Kyle's classmates in high school had it and I followed her blog for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers for the little sweet pea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for her and you all. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete