"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Monday, February 11, 2013

Hospital Day 1

Today was long, and I am happy to say almost over😀. Staying in the hospital is like a really unfunny version of camping, except that a full service Starbucks happens to be in the lobby, and there's morning yoga on the terrace (not kidding).

We were seen by GI, pediatrics, and urology today to start. After we were settled, the nurses let me put her NG down since we have to be able to put in back in ourselves at home. Meg didn't enjoy it, but once it was down she did pretty well. She had an X-ray to confirm the placement (performed by a former coworker- thanks Maria!), and a lab draw. Basically the plan is to see how she tolerates the tube feedings, and watch her blood work closely for a couple of days. They are also going to do an ultrasound of her abdomen to make sure there's nothing else we are missing that would explain why she's not gaining weight.

The little lady is finally asleep (there's a lot of noise and poking and prodding in hospitals), and her first feeding is running in. Thanks to everyone who is praying for us- we have seen glimpses of mercy throughout the day today.




No comments:

Post a Comment