"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Sunday, December 2, 2012

The one as well


Hello, DecemberJ This month is unbelievably busy for us with Meghan’s appointments, but thankfully there is Christmas merriment tucked in places along the way to make the month a little sweeter. Our tree and lights are up, and the joy of watching Addie dance around the living room with excitement over decorating the tree was priceless. You only get one three year old Christmas, and I am soaking it up!

Tomorrow we leave for Philadelphia to see 2 different doctors about Meghan’s spine. There are moments when I still cannot believe that we are traveling to a different state to see doctors, but with as complicated as her issues are, it is where the experts are, and so there we will go. We have been continuing to pray for wisdom and answers, and trying not to be fearful about what is to come. Her spinal anatomy is complicated, curved, and incompletely formed. It’s not just one issue, but many. There is tremendous fear that she will suffer significant disability, or become paralyzed because the ligaments and bones in her neck are considered unstable. I desperately want to know what we can do for her, and just for someone to at least have a plan of how we can take care of her going forward. Last night, I was praying, seeking, and asking the Lord to go before us on this trip that we hope brings these answers. Here is one of the first things I read:

Consider what God has done:
Who can straighten
    what he has made crooked?
When times are good, be happy;
    but when times are bad, consider this:
God has made the one
    as well as the other.
Therefore, no one can discover
    anything about their future.
Ecclesiastes 7:13-14

Ok.... So we may get answers, and we may not. I have learned that knowledge doesn't necessarily bring peace. The answer may very well be “wait and see”, and at least we know how to do that.  I could drive myself nuts worrying about the future- but we don't have that yet, and we can't possibly know what it is. Good or bad, He has made the one as well as the other, and He is sovereign. Whatever is in store, we can be certain that it was His will, and that brings me a lot of comfort. He set aside this time for us to go, and provided a way. All we have is today, and today I have the privilege of having Meghan. So Philly, here we come.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah you already know the plan, you follow the plan everyday. Do what needs done, smile when you can, cry when you must, lend a helping hand and accept one as well, and know that you are surrounded with love. Keep the faith. D

    ReplyDelete