"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made

in the secret place, when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my

unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16









Saturday, May 5, 2012

A picture is worth...












I'm pretty excited to share these pictures! To have the opportunity to have them done, and for Meghan to be healthy enough to participate is a gift beyond words right now. A dear friend and photographer came to the NICU to take some pictures of Meghan when she was a couple days old, but with everything going on, we never got to have a newborn family session. SO, at 7 weeks old, Meghan made her official debut in some family photos with everyone in them:) A big thank you to Rachel Marie Photography for her talent, and the very sweet way she was able to capture our family, Meghan, and the essence of my Addie (who barely held still long enough for a picture!). She had some really fun outfits and props! Head on over to her blog to see more, and to see some of the amazing work she does: www.rachelmariephotography.com/blog

Miss M. has been doing great! We're rolling with Physical Therapy now, and starting Occupational Therapy and Speech therapy this week. The therapist we are working with is wonderful, and as it turns out she is the one that saw Meghan in the NICU, and works closely with her neurologist. She gave us some great exercises to do with her, and in just a couple weeks we can see her improving! We're able to get her neck to relax past her midline, and where are arms have been held close to her body, I can now raise up her arm on the right, and the left with only a little complaining:) Her 2 month pediatrician follow up went well, and she's up to 9lbs, 6oz. 20th percentile....she's a little peanut!

This week....drumroll.....NO DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS! Woo hoo! Just therapy:) Next week we go back to the neurosurgeon, and if all is well we may not have any appointments for a couple weeks. Thank you everyone for praying for her, and please continue to pray that everyone stays healthy and Meghan keeps progressing well with no shunt complications!




No comments:

Post a Comment